POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) : Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 2 Mar 2001 16:51:40
Message: <3aa015ec@news.povray.org>
Okay, I'm a university student in Advertising Design, and have taken quite a
few art classes, so this is mostly from that perspective...  I think your
scene looks really cold.  If your main light source were just a little
dimmer, it would look almost moonlit.  I would say that you could improve
your image a lot by putting a slightly yellow tint on your main light
source, and make it a little brighter, so it looks more like sunlight.  The
other thing that I think is a little off is your cropping.  It looks a
little strange to me that you are so zoomed in on the well (although I can
see why you'd want to... it's very nice).  If you backed up the camera
enough so that you could see the whole well, and a little more of the
backgournd, it would improve things a lot.  Make sure to keep the well off
center in your image.  It will look nicer that way.  Keep up the good work.
Great use of normals.

Stephen Bell
http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell/